Therapy for Anxiety
Are you regularly facing stress and worry? Does it feel like you can’t control the worries in your heart and mind no matter how hard you try? Anxiety is a very common experience for people in today’s world and it is possible to learn skills and tools to cope and take care of yourself so that the intensity and frequency of your worries can be minimized.
I offer effective forms of treatment proven through research to be effective in reducing symptoms of anxiety so that you can find relief and live your life to the fullest.
When it comes to treating anxiety, research shows that therapy is often the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Ruminating thoughts
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears and you can learn how to relax and look at situations in a new, less stressful way. You can develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. You can learn new skills to calm your nervous system, because anxiety often has a very physiological component.
If you suffer from worries, fears, or stress that is impacting your quality of life, I would be happy to chat with you further to see if I may be able to help.